Moms are always looking for ways to make life a little easier. Anything that helps save time and money or helps make things run more smoothly is a huge blessing and sanity saver!
Some days being a Mom can be tough. Have you ever had that feeling where you want to be the one to sleep in and have someone wake you up and get you ready for your day? Or what about just snuggling up on the couch and watching Netflix all morning on a Saturday with no interruptions?
Sounds kind of awesome doesn’t it! As moms, very few days are our own anymore. It’s not a surprise. We knew that once we became a mom, our lives were going to be forever different, and for the better.
While our days are crazy, we wouldn’t change one chaotic moment about it. BUT, it would be nice to catch a little break here and there and slow down a bit. This is where Mom Hacks come into play!
Mom Hacks are just little tidbits of information that help with little shortcuts or secrets that make our days go just a little bit smoother. And, they are awesome! Here are a few Mom Hacks that all Moms need to know!
10 Mom Hacks You Need To Do
1. Amazon subscribe and save. Take the thought of worrying about running out of diapers completely out of your head. With Amazon subscribe and save, you can set them to deliver automatically each and every month. Win!
2. If you have sick child that has to take medicine twice a day, a great way to make sure you don’t miss giving them a dose is to make two columns on the back of the medicine bottle with a.m. and p.m. on the top and the date on the side. Put a check mark next to corresponding date every time you give them a dose that day.
3. Two words: Instant Pot. Dinner seriously can’t be any quicker than with an Instant Pot. Delicious meals that can be made in 15 minutes! I know, I found it hard to believe too, but it’s true! Think of the time that you could save with your very own Instant Pot.
4. Snack prep. There is no other mom hack out there that saves time and money like prepping delicious healthy snacks. Fill snack size bags with carrots, grapes, and cheese and crackers. Put a snack basket filled with applesauce, yogurt, cheese sticks, and the snack bags in the refrigerator. The kids will have easy to grab snacks ready to go.
5. Use a hanging closet organizer and put your children’s clothes in it for the entire week. It’s such a time saver in the AM to be able to go to the “Monday” bin and grab out their outfit for the day.
Saving yourself some time every day, even if it’s just a few minutes at a time, will lead to less stress and a happier home life!
6. Don’t throw out that leftover Easter and Halloween candy. While it may be tempting to trash it, freeze the chocolate and save it for later to use in baking items and needs.
7. Have little ones that constantly fight over toothbrushes? Use an old plastic silverware organizer and give them each their own “space” to put their toothbrush. You can even and label it with their names.
8. Feel like you are always getting up and down to fill a cup of water for your little one? Take a cheap plastic cup, glue a few magnets on the back, and hang it on the fridge right next to the water dispenser. Now they can fill their own cups!
9. Sick baby on your hands that you don’t want to keep getting in and out of the car? If you have a local Walgreens in your town, did you know that their pharmacy drive-thru will grab you a bottle of Ibuprofen or Tylenol for your little one and let you pay for it there? No having to get your little one in and out of the car seat when they aren’t feeling good.
10. Don’t have enough time to pick up the kids and swing by the grocery store to pick up dinner items? Say hello to online grocery ordering. Many stores have it now where you can go online, add the products that you want to a cart, set a time to pick up your items and they will get it all ready for you and load it up in your car. Seriously could it get any easier than that!
Hopefully, some of these mom hacks will help lighten your busy day-to-day mom schedule! If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed with everything on your plate, just remember that there is typically a more efficient way to get something done! And if not, create your own Mom hack to make it happen!